«

»

Print this Post

Agenda for 9 November Chadlington Parish Council now available

The next Chadlington Parish Council meeting is at 7:30pm on 9 November at the Memorial Hall, Chadlington.

The agenda can be downloaded here or can be read in full below


CPC logo 300x167px TEMPLATE 010513

Notice is hereby given that a meeting of Chadlington Parish Council will be held at the Memorial Hall, Chadlington on Monday 9 November 2015 at 7.30pm.

 

Members of the public & press are welcome to attend. Members of the public may make representations to the Council under Item 5, in accordance with the Council’s Standing Orders. [Contact a Councillor or the Clerk at least 2 weeks before the next Council meeting if you wish to have an item placed on the agenda]

Agenda

                                                                             

  1. Apologies: to receive and approve apologies.
  2. Declaration of Interests
    1. Register of Interests – Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests.
    2. To declare any pecuniary & other interests in items on the agenda & their nature.
  3. Minutes: to approve minutes of the last meeting of the Council on 14 September 2015
  1. Matters arising & action points: speeding and possible WODC grant; pavement parking on Bull Hill; blocked gullies; grass encroachment on pathway between Brook End and Green End
  1. Public participation – Opportunity for the public to ask questions.
  1. District & County Councillors reports
  2. Communication
    1. Correspondence – See Annex 1 for full details
    2. Website
  1. Land Issues
    1. Planning applications – Submitted: 15/03342/HHD 10 Chipping Norton Road, removal of single storey extension and erection of 2-storey side and rear extension; 15/03444/HHD 1 Ashcroft Close, to change existing assisted pedestrian wheelchair access to disabled assisted vehicle access; 15/03680/FUL Land South Of Anvil Cottage, Horseshoe Lane, construction of detached dwelling together with associated works; 15/03846/HHD Candlemas, West End, erection of single storey side extension and addition of parking space to front garden; 15/03819/HHD Wheelwrights Green End, insertion of additional dormer window in East elevation; 15/03734/FUL Bull Hill Bungalow, demolition of existing dwelling and outbuildings and erection of new dwelling and detached garage.
      Approved: 15/02677/HHD Hawthorne, Horseshoe Lane Alterations and erection of decking and balcony to outbuilding – application approved; 15/03039/HHD 1 Horseshoe Lane Erection of new wooden garden shed – application approved;
    2. Allotments – Consultation responses to S Didcock request for locking of allotment gates to prevent access to non-tenants; rent payments & 3 tenancy relinquishments; A Ware request for permission to erect approximately 4ftx 4ft shed on plot 6c; M Seaton request to erect 8ft x 6ft greenhouse and 8ftx6ft shed on plot 6a.
    3. Footpaths
  1. Finance
    1. Income – WODC Precept 2nd instalment £4,812.11; Allotment rents £224.00 (B Nobbs £20.00; S Didcock £20.00; G Glennie £20.00; T Brice £20.00; P Rice £12.00,C Arthur £12.00; G Duester £20.00; C Bloor £20.00; C Hanks £20.00, E Bloor £20.00, N Morgan £20.00; J Greer £20.00, C Heath £20.00; V & I Lee £20.00; K Cooper £20.00; M Seaton £12:00, A Ware £20.00
    2. Expenditure approvals requested –
      Standing order (monthly) Clerk’s salary £248.33 for November & December 2015
      C No.100111   S Silman, grasscutting £320.00
      C No 100112   B Hamblin, playground maintenance materials £180.28
      C No 100113   Prysebros Limited, Weed control spraying, £300.00
      C No 100114   P Rice, refund of allotment rent for 2015/2016, £12.00
    3. Bank statements verification for June, July, August and September. Six month bank reconciliation for September 2015 – Opening balance 1 April 2015 was £12,741.23; receipts in period £4945.11; Payments in period £3,768.82. Closing balance at 30 Sept 2015 £13,917.52
    4. Clerk’s hours approval – 34 hours worked Sept & Oct
    5. Draft Budget 2016/2017 – extraordinary CPC meeting date 30 November 2015 6pm Methodist Chapel
  1. Other Issues
    1. Youth facilities in Chadlington – update from Rebecca Abrey
    2. Memorial Hall survey update
    3. Neighbourhood Plan
    4. Resilience Funds – possible application
    5. Mill End drainage & sewerage problem
    6. Oxfordshire Together –impact of cuts on services and possible role of Parish Council
    7. ‘Parked issues’ review [Community Assets; Pensions legislation)
  1. Information Exchange
  1. Date of extraordinary CPC meeting date to be confirmed as 30 November 2015 6pm Methodist Chapel
  1. Date of next full council meeting to be confirmed as Monday 11 January 2016 at 7:30pm at Memorial Hall

 

Annex 1

Correspondence details

Oxfordshire County Council

  • Highways emails: M Timms response re Clerk’s report of flooding on Horseshoe Lane that Thames Water have been notified to fix, and on CPC report of all village gullies being blocked, he has checked and found only 1-2 are and that 20 gullies, 2 silt traps & outlet on Bull Hill will be emptied later in 2015; reminder re ordering winter salt bags; response to Clerk reporting 2 fallen concrete signs, Thames Water will fix; response re Clerk’s request for overgrown verges to need attention as impeding wheelchairs and prams was that Chadlington verges are due for a cut last week in October, Clerk replied that a mowing will not solve the problem, grass needs scraping back off path as per Bull Hill and Orchard Cottages. He then replied stating that this is not a safety issue and therefore OCC has no budget for this and suggesting perhaps people in the village could do the work.
  • Chief Executives Office email re change of location for Localities meeting on 21 September between OCC and Parish and District Councils
  • Social Services Dept re intermediate care consultation
  • Education Dept letter regarding proposed school admissions and offers policy consultation ending 31 January 2016
  • Chief Policy Officer email re upcoming consultation from 20 October on proposed cuts to OCC budgets 2016/17 to 2019/2020
  • Corporate Services email re note of OCC, parish and town councils meeting –Oxfordshire Together – of 21 Sept 2015
  • Cllr Rose emails: re next meeting of Oxfordshire Together and asking for councils to advise if interested; apologies for not being able to attend CPC meeting on9 November; his report for all his parish councils on OCC news
  • Planning Department email re consultation on Local Validation List for planning

West Oxfordshire District Council

  • Weekly Planning lists
  • Planning Dept email re Community Infrastructure Levy draft charging schedule submission to Planning Inspectorate and the Statement of Modifications is available for comments
  • Planning Dept Landscape & Forestry Office N Dalby email re hedgerow application by S Strong and acknowledging CPC email that it doesn’t object, and confirmation that the hedgerows are not defined as ‘important’ under WODC criteria and so can be removed
  • Highways L Travers emails responding to Clerk chasing about replacement Mill End street sign, new sign now ready & due to be fitted week commencing 5 October. Fallen concrete signs (‘WO’ and ‘SV’) are responsibility of OCC so Clerk needs to notify OCC Highways
  • Publicity Dept emails: press release regarding support for Syrian refugees; WODC strongly opposing the proposed closure of some of Oxfordshire’s Household Waste Recycling Centres; reminder re consultation on how to improve congestion on A40 corridor, closing date 8 Nov; seeking people who wish to self-build to go on the new WODC online register for land
  • Waste Department email asking for help to publicise Christmas and New Year waste collections
  • Finance Department: remittance advice of 2nd precept payment of £4,812.11; and P Elliott email with detailed breakdown of precept and grant

Miscellaneous

  • Cottsway Housing Association S Chudry emails re Clerk’s reporting car repair and other litter by garages in Eversley Close
  • Ordinance Survey email invitation to community mapping data events
  • ORCC emails: reminder re closing date for responses to subsidised transport consultation is 14 Sept; invitation to 6 November event on housing and communities; invitation to OCC budget cuts meeting 9 November in Oxford; invite to annual conference 6 November 11am
  • A Tremlett email re access to footpath 5 by Lower Court Farm awaiting farm freeholder to agree change.
  • M Smith emails re Chadlington.com website and Clerk’s difficulties getting through Captcha tool to log in; advice on how to store all CPC agendas and minutes together for ease of access to web users
  • K Heath email thanking Clerk for advising request to erect 10ft by 6ft shed on Plot 2 was approved by CPC at 14 September meeting
  • A Ware visit to ask about going onto allotment waiting list
  • C Lear email asking is she could have Plot 13 allotment if it were vacant
  • S Mansel-Playdell email with some of long answer responses to Memorial Hall survey
  • N Lloyd email re items that came up at 14 Sept CPC meeting to post on village website
  • T Mansel-Playdell emails response re Clerk’s email advising that allotment in poor state, a breach of tenancy conditions asking if renewing tenancy. Confirmed initially tenancy being renewed and intention to tackle plot with rotovator in autumn but then reconsidered and will now relinquish tenancy due to lack of available time to garden
  • S Didcock email regarding recent trampling of his dug over plot, which has happened the last 3 years. He has asked that CPC consider locking the small gates just leaving the main gate open as well as suggesting that ‘No right of way’ signage be put on the small gates
  • CPRE email news updates
  • Allotment rent payments from N Morgan, B Nobbs, P Rice, S Didcock, G Glennie, T Brice, G Duester, C Bloor & E O’Shea, V & I Lee, K Cooper, C Heath, C Arthur. Relinquishment of tenancy advice from P Rice, T Mansel-Playdell & J King
  • Invoice for grass cutting of playground from S Silman for 23 Sept 2015 & 8 Oct 2015 cuts
  • HSBC Bank Statement for August and September 2015
  • N Lloyd emails: re articles for website and any need for amendments; request for Councillor suggestions on putting information about the village defibrillator on website
  • H Hoffman emails regarding: repeat damage to her wall by passing heavy goods vehicles going down Bull Hill and expressing her concerns and frustration at inappropriateness of HGVs coming through the village and speeding generally; regarding planning application for land south of Anvil Cottage on Horseshoe Lane and for help in locating the WODC Local Plan
  • Thames Water M Taylor emails regarding sewer blockages in the Mill End area of Chadlington, resulting in sewerage flooding from manholes. The causes of the blockages was identified as fat oil and grease, and paper and rag and he asked that information on how to prevent this to go in next parish magazine; provided map of sewage pipe and advised local CCTV survey carried out and no need to upgrade as no recent new developments to warrant this
  • J Simkins emails re sewage problems and other drainage matters at Mill End, her contact with Cllr R Rose and Thames Water on the issues caused by blocked drains, drains abuse ie fat etc by Mill End residents, previous Thames Water engineers saying the sewer pipe is too narrow for level of sewerage,asking if article can go in Parish Magazine on ‘Bin it, Don’t Block it’, sunken gully continuing issue; highlighting Thames Water seems to have surveyed wrong pipework and asking if CPC is going to discuss at its next meeting.
  • J Greer email re new neighbours and what support can be offered to help new residents unfamiliar with UK services and support
  • OALC September Members Update and pensions auto-enroll update advice note
  • K Heath email querying if her plot is half or full plot
  • Responses to CPC consultation to allotment tenants on whether to padlock allotment gate to Eversley Close to enable allotment tenants access only in order to deter recent vandalism incidents and other issues such as dog mess: N Morgan email opposes locking gate as against idea in principle and doesn’t think it would stop access; J Greer opposes as doesn’t think it would work and worried abut people access private pathway; C Heath opposes as he uses for access but would be happy if he had access to lock; T Brice letter in favour of locking gate; S Didcock email in favour as he proposed idea due to 3 years of vandalism to plot; G Glennie neutral as only uses Church Rd gate anyway; K Heath is opposed as doesn’t believe it would work and is unfair on tenants at south end of allotment who use it for access themselves; C Bloor in favour if it solves problems; E O’Shea neutral but if lock felt to be helpful by gardeners she has no objections; K Cooper in favour of lock; B Nobbs opposes lock
  • West Oxon CAB email seeking donation from CPC to help run services
  • M Lane email re advertising piano lessons in Chadlington
  • K Mitchell email re playground monthly inspection report, and apologies for no August report as on holiday
  • M Seaton email re interest in allotment vacancies
  • C Arthur email re interested in allotment vacancy if next to his plot and still available
  • Playsafety email re RoSPA training courses dates for 2016
  • C Carswell emails re getting on defibrillator first responder course in 2015 and agreeing village website post for others would be a good idea
  • G Norris letter re copy of his objection to planning application for land south of Anvil Cottage
  • C Heath emails accepting Plot 13 allotment
  • Oxford Design Studio S Parker architect for planning application for land south of Anvil Cottage email re meeting with neighbours regarding design and notes of meeting and planned amendments to accommodate concerns

Permanent link to this article: http://www.chadlington.com/archives/25151