«

»

Print this Post

Chadlington Parish Council agenda for 11 July 2016 now available

The next meeting of Chadlington Parish Council will be held at the Memorial Hall on 11 July at 7:30pm. Members of the public are very welcome to attend.

The agenda can be downloaded here or is available below.

 


CPC logo 216 x 121px

 

Notice is hereby given that a meeting of Chadlington Parish Council will be held at the Memorial Hall, Chadlington on Monday 11 July 2016 at 7.30pm.

Members of the public & press are welcome to attend. Members of the public may make representations to the Council under Item 5 in accordance with the Council’s Standing Orders. [Contact a Councillor or the Clerk at  least 2 weeks before the next Council meeting if you wish to have an item placed on the agenda].

Agenda

 

  1. Apologies: to receive and approve apologies.
  2. Declaration of Interests
    1. Register of Interests – Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests.
    2. To declare any pecuniary & other interests in items on the agenda & their nature.
  3. Minutes: to approve minutes of the last meeting of the Council on 9 May 2016
  1. Matters arising & action points: OxLEP strategy consultation, proposed new tenancy clause requiring plot markers and cost of replacement if missing
  1. Public participation – Opportunity for the public to ask questions.
  1. District & County Councillors reports
  2. Communication
    1. Correspondence – See Annex1 for full details
  1. Land Issues
    1. Planning applications – Submitted: 16/01505/FUL Curdle Hill Farmhouse, Chipping Norton Road, Removal of existing dwelling and construction of a replacement dwelling; 16/02080/HHD Vale Bank, Erection of an oak framed garden room to side elevation replacing existing garden room;
      Approved: 16/00751/HHD, Barters Hill Farmhouse, East End, Installation of an Eco friendly out building for accommodation/office use within the current property boundary of Barters Hill Farmhouse
    2. Allotments
    3. Footpaths
  1. Finance
    1. Income – Precept & parish grant 1st instalment, £4,932.50
    2. Expenditure approvals requested – Approve a new hourly rate of £9.647 (an increase of £0.096 per hour from current £9.551) making Clerk’s salary increase from £248.33 to £250.82 per calendar month and new Standing Order for £250.82
      ­Standing order (monthly) – Clerk’s salary £250.82 for July & August
      Cheque No.100132     H Rowley, OALC training course, £78.00
      Cheque No.100133     S Silman, May & June grass cuts £690.00
      Cheque No.100134     B Hamblin, playground repair materials, £7.80
      Cheque No.100135     HAGS SMP, two replacement swing seats £84.00
      Cheque No.100136     VOID
      Cheque No.100137     Pryse Bros Ltd, May 2016 weed control spray, £300.00
      Cheque No.100138     F Stocker – stationery expenses £51.96 & backdated payrise £7.47         totalling £59.43
    3. Bank reconciliation £20,527.77 at 31 May 2016 – Opening balance 1 April 2016 – £16280 + £4,932.50 receipts, less £684.73.
    4. Monthly bank statements verification – April duplicate statement
    5. Clerk’s hours approval – April 29.75 hours, May 38.75, June 17 + 6 holiday hours.
  1. Other Issues
    1. Memorial Hall
    2. Speeding
    3. Freedom of Information – draft Publication Scheme for CPC
  1. Information Exchange
  1. Date of the next meeting to be agreed as 12 September 2016 at 7:30pm

 

 

……………………………………………………………………………Fil Stocker, Clerk to Chadlington Parish Council,

4 July 2016

 

All agendas, papers & draft minutes of Chadlington Parish Council meetings can be found at www.chadlington.com. You can also sign up for email updates on this village website

 

 

Annex 1

Correspondence details

 

Oxfordshire County Council

  • Highways Dept: M Timms emails to advise that Clerk’s report of blocked gullies by sewage works has been noted on 21 April and an order raised to clear within 28 days deadline; copied in on email to N Winser to advise that frontage outside Old Forge Brook End is not OCC responsibility to maintain
  • Countryside Service K Skinner emails regarding Clerk’s query about mineral deposits claim and land ownership by Clarkson of footpath area opposite Tite as she had understood it was Marquess of Headfort land.
  • Corporate Services P Clark emails: update re public service re-organisation development proposals for Oxon; invitation for CPC representatives to attend a meeting to discuss local authority re-organisation & OCC proposal to have a unitary authority for Oxon; reminder email re unitary authority for Oxon proposal
  • Planning Department M Scane email re Sarsden Quarry planning application consultation letter
  • Supported Transport emails re update on latest news of buses affected by end of subsidy, including X9 which will continue with an amended timetable and reduced hours from 21 July 2016
  • Cllr R Rose reply to Clerk reporting to OCC Highways the overgrown hedges opposite playground and overgrown grass at end of Mill End road at junction with Burford Rd
  • Library Services email advising of closure of entire mobile library service after 15 September 2016

 

West Oxfordshire District Council

  • Weekly Planning lists; planning applications information [see Item 8a];
  • Planning Dept A Thomson email request to be advised of any brownfield land within thevillage which could be recorded on a West Oxon brownfield register
  • Environment Dept G Lee email reply to Clerk’s request for supply of dog fouling notices, provision of 6 notices, and phone conversation re WODC support which includes collection of dog faeces from footpaths and pavements, and also tackling owners who do not comply
  • B Norton email letter re consultation on unitary structure proposal for Oxfordshire, seeking views. Further consultation to follow once plans drawn up following result of PWC study
  • Press Dept emails: re appeal for businesses and communities to apply for Oxfordshire LEADER fund, a £1.55m fund designed to help those looking to set up small firms and community schemes as well as existing businesses in rural areas; announcement of new Council Leader, James Mills, replacing Barry Norton; advising that all Oxfordshire District Councils have agreed with Cotswold and South Northamptonshire Councils to rule out cross-county boundary options as part of their devolution plans; superfast broadband work starting soon in 14 villages by Cotswolds Broadband to ensure all WODC will haveaccess to fast network; Oxfordshire’s district councils set out their proposals to secure more powers and funding for the people of the county.All five district councils – Cherwell, Oxford, South, Vale and West – have released videos with their Council Leaders explaining why District Unitaries would be best for their areas. The five councils have also launched a new website, oxfordshire.vision; Design Guide 2016 launched; new Cotswold Visitor guide being launched and seeking business entries; new recycling arrangements in 2017 and annual charge being introduced for green waste collection; notice of £110,000 given in grants to community projects
  • Electoral Services; K Butler emails; re EU Referendum Notice; electoral roll May 2016 update; reminder that OACL Good Councillor Guide and training on roles andresponsibilities is available on OALC website

 

Thames Valley Police

  • PCSO W Smith emails: reply re Clerk’s request for update on fingerprinting sign and whensign will be returned, and invitation for speaker to July CPC meeting to discuss crime and anti-social behaviour in Chadlington. Sign will be returned after Bank Holiday to Clerk and police crime statistics can be provided to be read out at Council meeting as staffing levels and policing prioritisation dictate no staff free to present them; supply of crime statistics for Chadlington and response to query over youth and motorbike incident some months ago as queried by CPC Chair; reply to Clerk querying crime statistics and why some things not appearing
  • Police and Crime Commissioner email re feedback survey for local residents on policing priorities for the next 5 years and the Thames Valley Police Crime Plan

 

Miscellaneous

  • F Maclean emails re arrangements for accessing old cheque book for internal audit
  • K Mitchell emails re: worn links on a playground equipment item; monthly inspection report for May
  • OALC emails: C Lalley reply to Clerk query re viewing access to CPC draft accounts when Clerk only works 6 hours per week but access is for 30 day period. Suggests flexibilitywhere possible re viewing requests; April, May & June 2016 members newsletter; request to complete NALC survey on Parishes 20125; training on Clerk’s Year for new Clerks; consultation on Culham Science Park being used a location for testing driverless vehicles
  • S Silman invoices for April May and June grass cutting and copy of current insurance policy cover
  • CPRE emails: April, May & June 2016 News; reminder to write to MP urging a stop on unnecessary greenfield development; email urging response to OXLEP strategy consultation; invitation to OXON CPRE AGM on 2 July 2016
  • C Newman email requesting support for petition to Parliament in memory of Jenny Fry
  • J Simkins emails re new notice posted by J Clarkson for land near Tite and towards Curdle Hill regarding right to deposits under Commons Act 2006 and querying if this will impact on footpaths; thanking Clerk for confirming no planned changes to footpaths as a resut of these applications; update to say that a local walker informed her that Mr Clarkson is soon to commence building works at the main house at Curdle Hill, having completed the cottage works and will probably want to divert the footpath away from the main house and cottage; re Thames Water advising her that there are now no plans to re-line the previously repaired sewer, although the inspecting engineers had originally said it would need to be re-lined
  • HSBC letter notifying of changes to terms and conditions of CPC bank account; monthly bank statement Sheet Number 56 for April 2016
  • A Dewar email expressing concern about use of glyphosate for forthcoming weed control spray as it is a known carcinogen and asking CPC to review whether it needs to control weeds at all or if it could use a non-harmful substance
  • N Lloyd email re editing village website and her upcoming absence on holiday
  • Sustrans R Fairhurst acknowledging thanks to CPC Chair for agreeing to re-fix the vandalised cycling route sign on the Stocks
  • Need Not Greed email reminding CPC that closing date for OxLEP strategy consultation is 27 May
  • J Greer emails expressing concern about recent pesticide spraying in field behind her house and asking if farmers could be asked to provide advance warning to the public near housing and footpaths when they are due to spray
  • Microsoft email re reduction in One Drive free storage from 15Gb to 5GB from 10 Aug 2016
  • OALC emails; re NALC Parsh Council survey; provision of new nationally negotiated salary scales for Parish Clerks; request to complete last minute NALC survey on devolution of powers & services by 26 May for inclusion in Local Government Chronicle sponsored article; invitations to AGM 4 July; urging CPC to send a representative to an OCC workshop of public service re-organisation
  • Wychwood Flora Group M Cochrane email to L Woolcock re muscari neglectum annual status report
  • Strutt and Parker J Lockwood emails re Clerk querying footpath ownership in Clarkson mineral deposit application. He will check Land Registry documents and advise of outcome, confirmed as Clarkson land
  • N Winser email thanking clerk for response confirming that there are no public responsibilities for frontage maintenance by Old Forge Brook End and it is down to households to determine this
  • HAGS-SMP J Frost-Lunn emails: reply to Clerk query re replacement swing seat cost without chains and agreeing to get seat dimensions from Sweden manufacturers as HAGS-SMP don’t have this information; confirmation of costs and order and advising of 3 week lead-in time due to impending shutdown of Swedish factory for holidays; delivery of two swing seats; invoice of £84.00
  • Cotswold Friends J Van Velsen email reply to Clerk re advice on Chadlington Good Neighbours Scheme, to say she will get in contact directly
  • Cotswolds Broadband email announcing building of 14 new plinths over the coming months to site ultrafast fibre cabinets, including one in Chipping Norton
  • NHS South Central & West Commissioning Support Unit email Townlands Stakehoder Reference Group chair vacancy advert
  • Untold Theatre email promoting a production of Shakespeare’s The Tempest for village halls
  • Fields In Trust letter promoting Centenary Fields Progamme for those whose lives were lost in conflict
  • Streetscape Products and Services email re playground services
  • Post Office Services letter re consultation about changes to mobile post office service that will affect Chadlington provision, reducing to 4 days a week (Mon-Thurs) and some reduction in hours; and email attaching e-version of letter as requested by Clerk
  • Bicester Tree Services email offering services
  • Oxfordshire Countryside Access Forum email letter re protecting rights of way when planning applications impact on them and work of OCAF
  • Community First Oxfordshire emails: re latest ‘at a glance’ update; reminder that subscription not yet renewed
  • Playsafety emails confirming Clerk’s request for a July annual RoSPA inspection of playground and offering annual pre-booked inspection
  • D Bunney email thanking Clerk for passing her role in Chadlington Good Neighbour Scheme to Cotswold Friends organisation
  • National Plant Monitoring Scheme email re publicising volunteer drive
  • A Tremlett email agreeing to review Curdle Hill Farmhouse planning application and advise CPC if they need to be aware of any potential or actual issues; response that nothing planned for footpaths apart from planting standard trees alongside both sides above farmhouse
  • Oxfordshire Community & Voluntary Action email offering training on auto-enrollment pensions for employers; offer to subscribe to Pulse newsletter
  • WOCAB email invitation to AGM 26th July
  • D Payne email and letter re concerns about speeding in Chadlington and offering suggestions tried in other villages in Gloucestershire and Oxon
  • Oxford Council D Ricketts email re OXON Sport & Physical Activity
  • LexisNexis email re new Arnold-Baker: Local Council Administration book for lawyers
  • Tite Inne D Pye email re asking for CPC support for application of discretionary business rates relief
  • D Fletcher emails: complaining about speeding in Chadlington and reporting two incidents of damage to his vehicle and expressing concern about safety of residents; replying to Clerk advising he is unable to attend 11 July meeting when speeding is on the agenda
  • PRS for Music email offering consultation re performing rights tariff for music in premises owned or managed by local authorities
  • Complete Weed Control W Pryse email re checking surviving weeds after first spray; invoice for May spray

Permanent link to this article: http://www.chadlington.com/archives/26485