«

»

Print this Post

Chadlington Parish Council agenda for 14 November 2016 meeting now available

The next meeting of Chadlington Parish Council will be held at the Memorial Hall on 14 November at 7:30pm.

Members of the public are very welcome to attend.

The agenda can be downloaded here or is available below.

 


 

CPC logo 216 x 121px

Notice is hereby given that a meeting of Chadlington Parish Council will be held at the Memorial Hall, Chadlington on Monday 14 November 2016 at 7.30pm.

Members of the public & press are welcome to attend. Members of the public may make representations to the Council under Item 5, in accordance with the Council’s Standing Orders. [Contact a Councillor or the Clerk at least 2 weeks before the next Council meeting if you wish to have an item placed on the agenda].

 

Agenda

                                                                             

  1. Apologies: to receive and approve apologies.
  2. Declaration of Interests
    1. Register of Interests – Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests.
    2. To declare any pecuniary & other interests in items on the agenda & their nature.
  3. Declaration of office- M Phillips
  1. Minutes: to approve minutes of the last meeting of the Council on 12 September 2016 and the Finance only meeting on 10 October
  1. Matters arising & action points: Sarsden quarry re-opening traffic road OCC requirement; removal of poplar tree from playground; speeding data boxes; Emergency Plan & Freedom of Information policy, publication and statement
  1. Public participation – Opportunity for the public to ask questions.
  1. District & County Councillors reports
  2. Communication
    1. Correspondence – See Annex 1 for full details
    2. Website
  1. Land Issues
    1. Planning applications – Applications made: 16/03356/HHD 10 Chipping Norton Road, To demolish two storey rear extension and replace with new two storey rear extension. Single storey side extension with vehicular access to front; 16/03514/HHD Orchard Cottages, widening of vehicle access;
      Applications approved: 16/03095/HHD 12 Stonelee Close, erection of front porch;
      Applications refused:
    2. Allotments – Hedge maintenance at Eversley Close car park
  2. Finance
    1. Income –  Precept and parish grant 2nd instalment, £4,932.50; Allotment rent: K Heath, £23.00; G Duester, £23.00; C Heath, £23.00; L Blowfield, £23.00; K Cooper, £23.00; S Winser, £23.00.
    2. Expenditure approvals requested –
      Standing order (monthly) Clerk’s salary £250.82 for November & December 2016 (new Clerk)
      C No. 100145 Pryse Bros Ltd, weed control spraying, £300.00
      C No. 100146 S Silman, grass cutting Sept (part)& Oct, £300.00
      C No. 100147 Greenfields Garden Services Ltd, playground maintenance repairs, £690.00
      C No. 100148 Playsafety Ltd, 2016 RoSPA inspection, £109.20
      C No. 100149 Chadlington Methodist Church, room hire for CPC meeting, £8.00
      C No. 100150 F Stocker, payment for annual leave (25 hours not taken) and excess hours (13.5 hours), £371.41
    3. Bank reconciliation as at 30 September: Opening balance 1 April 2016, £16,280.00; income to 30 Sep 2016, £5,225.50; expenditure to 30 Sep 2016, £3,699.75. Closing balance £17,805.75.
    4. Bank statement verification
    5. Request for CPC annual contribution of £60-120 towards village website running costs
    6. 2017/2018 Budget £15,120 and 2017/2018 Precept £15,165 (£14,732+£433 estimated parish grant) – approval
    7. Clerk’s hours approval: September 31 hours; October 29.5 hours &; November 26 hours
    8. Authorisation to close HSBC standing order for F Stocker, notification to HSBC of new Clerk’s details and
    9. Appointment of Gill Hill as new Clerk and approval of new Standing Order salary payment from 1 December 2016 of £250.82
  3. Other Issues
    1. Memorial Hall update including ratification of architects firm selection
    2. Vandalism at Sports Club
    3. Playground RoSPA report and comments
  1. Information Exchange
  1. Date of next meeting to be confirmed as Monday 9 January 2017 at 7:30 pm

 

 

 

…………………………………………………………………………..Fil Stocker, Clerk to Chadlington Parish Council,

7 November 2016

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All agendas, papers & draft minutes of Chadlington Parish Council meetings can be found at www.chadlington.com. You can also sign up for email updates on this village website.

 

 

 

 

VILLAGE DIARY

If you have any events or information you wish to go on the Chadlington village website www.chadlington.com, please use the ‘Contact Us’ form on the website.

 

Annex 1

 

Correspondence details

 

Oxfordshire County Council

  • Highways Dept: M Timms email advising that verges will be cut by end of Sept; P Wilson email confirming that OCC does indeed own most of the land in front of Stonelee Close houses onto Chipping Norton Road and so has passed to Arboriculture team to cut back the vegetation but due to very limited budget, the work will have to fit in with the other priorities of their team; P Wilson to advise that land opposite CQF not OCC-owned and so not responsible for vegetation control. The fence has been installed on the property side of the boundary hedge at some point after the properties were constructed, therefore the hedge remains the ownership of those properties on that section of land. Clerk asked if OCC can write to landowner to get vegetation cut; N Clark emails re advising of possible locations for speed data boxes, Clerk advised one location incorrect and provided right info; N. Clark re confirmation of locations and data will be provided by mid Nov;
  • Corporate Services P Clark emails re: OCC Cabinet voting to support a single unitary authority for Oxon; OCC update
  • Transport Co-ordinator email re Dept for Transport launching second round of Community Minibus Fund
  • Cllr R Rose email reply to Clerk complaining about failure of Highways to respond to multiple requests to cut hedge back on Chipping Norton Road between Church Road junction and playground and also tree by houses at end of village
  • Fire and Rescue Service email re consultation
  • Social Services Adult Team B Leigh email re consultation on vulnerable daytime services for adults consultation from 1 Nov to 20 December 2016
  • Oxfordshire Parish Transport Representives C Robins email re minutes of last meeting & attendance

West Oxfordshire District Council

  • Planning Dept emails: notification of planning application made and approved 16/03095/HHD 12 Stonelee Close , erection of front porch; 16/03514/HHD 8 Orchard Cottages, widening of vehicle access;
  • Communications Dept Press releases re: new community grants available, closing date 20 September 2016; new online social housing system launched; new waste and recycling calendars available online and to download; warning about fraudsters claiming to be from HMRC; new parking strategy consultation until 14 November
  • Finance Dept: W Hu email reply to request for information on tax base and number of households for precept calculation; P Lelliott email re provisional calculation of increase of £5300 in precept request for 2017/2018
  • Electoral Services Dept, S Ellison email re Notice of Election Witney Parliamentary by-election & poster; K Butler email reply to Clerk query, advising CPC 2016 election expenses should be under £100 and will be sent to CPC in October 2016
  • Environmental Services posted supply of dog waste nuisance signs
  • Finance Dept email and remittance note for 2nd instalment of precept and parish grant payment
  • Leader’s Office emails re: with letter from Cllr James Mills re unitary authority in Oxon; invitation to CPC to attend the annual parish and town councils meeting with WODC on 8 December 2016

Thames Valley Police

 

  • PC R Webb emails reply to Clerk advising that he will get details for speed data collection and let Clerk know ASAP; details are £150+VAT for 7 days speed data collection on a single route; asking me to be kept informed about data collected from OCC boxes and will arrange more speed gun sessions with M Phillips

Miscellaneous

  • L Leffman email to advise a receipt will be provided to CPC for £30.00 donation to WOBUG when she returns from holiday
  • BDO letter returning Annual Return 2015/2016 and enclosing invoice of £120.00 and notice paperwork for public display of Annual Return requirements
  • S Mansel-Playdell emails re draft architects brief; maximising recycling waste collection from Apple Day on 24 Sept & getting WODC to collect sorted waste
  • J Alsop emails re draft architects brief for approval
  • C Bradshaw email congratulating J Alsop on the draft architects brief
  • A Tremlett emails re draft architects brief and congratulating J Alsop and S Mansel-Playdell on their efforts; replying to Clerk to advise that responsibility for land on west side of allotment is not clear according to original tenancy documents between CPC and Kathleen Hannay Trust in 1952 but he is checking with a home owner with same boundary to see if clear on their deeds
  • OALC emails re: Neighbourhood Planning Bill and advising of consultation on regulations; Members Update for Sept & October; reminder that places available for Clerks to attend Minutes and Meetings Training in December
  • S Silman invoices of £210.00 for Aug and part Sept grass cuts, and £300 part Sept and Oct cuts
  • Pensions Regulator advising that CPC must provide a declaration of compliance by 1 January 2017
  • WOBUG M Burden email and receipt attached for donation of £30.00 to WOBUG X9 passenger flyer
  • Cottsway Housing Association A Price email reply to Clerk re overgrown hedge at rear of Eversley Close car park, advising that request has been passed on to the housing officer; L Sumner email asking for documentation to prove Cottsway responsible for hedge boundary in Eversley Close car park
  • K Heath email re interest in Plot 1 vacancy, if one person can have two plots. If not, and no-one else comes forward, she asks if she can tend the empty plot until let.
  • S Winser email to say she thought she had paid her rent but, if not, she will drop a cheque round. Clerk advised her cheque has been paid already and apologising for overlooking payment; reply re tipi query and advising Clerk that it is due to be taken down first week in October, subject to weather conditions; allotment rent cheque posted to Clerk
  • Playsafety: A Edwards emails reply to Clerk apologising for the delay in getting Chadlington annual RoSPA inspection report sent to CPC, advising that inspection had been missed off schedule in error and will now be undertaken by 22 Sept, report to follow same week; T Cheshire confirming inspection now done and report will be emailed to Clerk by 14 Oct; email with 2016 playground RoSPA inspection report; email with invoice for inspection report
  • Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group J Stackhouse email re Big Health Conversation consultation running until 30 Nov and advising that there will be a public consultation on health transformation proposals starting in January 2017
  • N Lloyd website editor emails; seeking practical information for residents re ragwort; advising of absence for 2 weeks for medical reasons; advising probably able to attend CPC meeting in Jan 2017 with M Smith to discuss website development
  • K Mitchell emails re: monthly playground inspection reports; advising he has replaced chain on infant swingseat and tightened eye bolts on the other swing as identified in RoSPA report
  • Glasdon brochure of local authority highways furniture
  • CPRE Oxfordshire email promoting new guide to D’arcy Dalton Way and general information; October 2016 newsletter
  • Age UK email asking for Dignity In Care Awards and ability to nominate care workers to be publicised
  • HSBC: phone call to try to set up savings account, but need to talk to Councillor so contacting H Rowley; monthly bank statements
  • C Heath and L Blowfield payment of allotment rent for 2016/2017
  • L Blowfield email and return of signed allotment tenancy agreement; email re if bonfires permitted and inability to cut high part of hedge on Church Road side
  • Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire advising of name change from West Oxfordshire CAB
  • S Silman invoice for grass cutting for £210.00 for Sept and part Oct cuts
  • Pryse Bros Ltd invoice for £300.00 2nd weed control cut
  • BT email re consultation on removal of 72 public payphones from various locations, Chadlington not included in list
  • Greenfields Garden Services email re invoice for recent maintenance repairs to playground equipment
  • M Smith emails seeking donation of £5-10 per month (£60-120 per annum to help defray running costs of maintaining village website
  • L Woolcock email of invoice for room hire for Methodist Church for CPC’s Oct 10 budget meeting
  • Wychwood Project email asking for support with Aviva Community Fund to employ a volunteer co-ordinator
  • K Heath email querying if she has paid her allotment rent for 2016/17 yet as not yet appeared on CPC agendas
  • Volunteer Link-Up letter seeking donation
  • Organisation Unlimited email seeking nominations for High Sheriff of Oxfordshire, deadline 11 January 2017
  • Scottish & Southern Electric Helen Vass email re offering help to local vulnerable residents in the event of a power outage in Chadlington and offering to come to village to talk to vulnerable people and provide leaflets
  • Wychwood Project email update and invitation to AGM on 7 December at Corn Exchange Witney

 

 

Permanent link to this article: http://www.chadlington.com/archives/27185