↑ Return to History of Chadlington

Print this Page

Chadlington Methodist Church

Picture of Methodist Church

Methodist Church

The Methodist Church building is a large one by small village standards and was built in 1903 within its own grounds. It replaced a ‘Tin Tabernacle’ in Horseshoe Lane and was at the time proportioned to accommodate the children from National Children’s Home, a Methodist Foundation, which at that time was using two houses in Chadlington, one for girls at ‘College Farmhouse’ and the other for boys at ‘Ivy Dene’ (now the ‘Gray House’) all of whom worshipped here.

The Methodist Church no longer holds services in this building. The nearest alternative meeting places are Chipping Norton and Churchill, where the Minister Rev. Soba Sinnathamby, who did serve Chadlington, is in attendance.

 

Permanent link to this article: http://www.chadlington.com/village/history/methodistchurch